When thinking of creating a list here, I considered doing inspirations, or things learned. Or top 10 fictional characters. Maybe books. Instead, I am to create a list for my top 10 things I carry. I’ll define what that means as I go. or maybe not. Why 10? Not sure, it sounds right.
Top 10 things I carry:
- “I think, therefore I am.” This doesn’t get me beyond solipsism, but it gets me out of bed.
- Reasoned contemplations // Indomitable introspection /// Guile.
- The constant ruminations of restless reactions reflexing to a recognition of impermanence; i.e. endless why?
- A changeless core of the person I am; A disquieting resolution of the man I must be; A sincere strive to the soul I wish to become;
- Bloods of ancient potential akin for aptitudes beyond my understanding. To merely come to exist now is a feat of cosmic revelation. Consider this, emblazon it upon your standard and march into the fray undaunted.
- A continuous steady gaze upon the moral landscape. Always consider what might be true, why it’s right, how it can be made better. Never lower such reflection in thought or action.
- Mindful stance of stoic observation; think before you act, but also be patient in the emotions of response — ‘return to the breath.’
- a sliver of silence.
- Empathy for the sufferer; Compassion for you and the others; Hope for a future yet undelivered of a promise of luminous awareness among us all; Serenity for the lost and unseen; Enlightenment for the uninspired nomad; Love for the one unmet.
- A mind for creation; an ardent pursuit of ideals worth dying for; a vivid breath for the necessary changes and discoveries to come. What’s next?